I believe that personality and approach are key to finding a mediator who you feel comfortable and confident working with. The best way to judge this is to give me a call and take a look at testimonials from clients who have worked with me over the years. However, experience and qualifications are of course also important in giving you confidence that you are in safe hands.
Having qualified as a family lawyer at an early age, I have 20 years experience helping couples get through separation and divorce. During my legal career I was ‘highly commended’ at the Law Society Excellence Awards in 2010, described as “clearly a leading lawyer in [my] field”.
I won the 2016 Milton Keynes Women Leaders Award for Professional Services and was nominated for a First Women Award. The Judges commented that “they saw in Clare her great energy driving her to achieve not only for herself but for her clients ensuing though her positive approach that they receive the professional help they need”. I was delighted to return as a Judge at the 2017 Women Leader awards and continue to support these awards.
Aside from my vast practical experience, I am also:-
- A Law Society Accredited Mediator – first accredited in 2012 and re-accredited in 2017 following a rigorous assessment process
- A Family Mediation Council Accredited Mediator
- A Professional Practice Consultant and mentor for other Mediators
- Trained to meet and offer direct consultation with children in the mediation process
- A Member of Resolution https://www.resolution.org.uk
- Previously a Resolution Accredited Specialist in Advanced Financial Provision and Children Law
- A trained Advocate having qualified in 2007 as one of the first Legal Executive Family Advocates
- Trained separately in Emotional Intelligence